Sunday, June 14, 2009
A Note About Driving
Aidan was invited to a birthday party that was a couple of towns over from Windsor. Ever since I heard about it, I have been dreading the drive because I knew I would have to take him while Michael was in Vegas. Before Michael left we had a couple of driving lessons that were not that great. I hate roundabouts and I hit the curb on the passenger side of the car. It is not fun and on our last lesson I pulled over and gave up. Well, today was the party and I drove to the party all by myself. The drive there was thankfully uneventful except for the few times I yelled at the kids because I couldn't hear the directions the GPS was giving me. On the way home my only blunder was I went to get into the car and got in on the passenger side. It was in the parking lot and other people were around so I had to play it off like I knew what I was doing, "Smith, I can't find your toy up here, we'll have to look when we get home." I got into the right side of the car and drove home. The kids were very proud of me, Adeline said "You didn't even hit one curve!" and Aidan was glad no police officers had to pull us over. A little success may mean a few more outings this week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment